Cottage Style Home Decorating: 7 Ways to Add Rosy Cottage Curb Appeal to Your Home
by Kathryn Bechen
Description: Tips for decorating your home with a rose cottage look.
If you dream of a little rose-covered cottage, you can create it for yourself. Here are 7 Tips to help get you on your way to your “rosy dream!”
1. What’s in a Name. “Name” your cottage using a rose-motif name like “Rose Arbor Cottage” or “Red Rose Cottage” and buy or paint a sign with that name to hang by your front door.
2. Arbor Harbor. Place an arbor at the end of the sidewalk that leads to your front door and plant climbing rose bushes in your favorite color on either side.
3. Clever Climbing. Plant a climbing rose bush on the side of your fence to add color and charm.
4. Welcome Mat. Place a rose-motif welcome mat on your front step.
5. Perfect Picket. Rose bushes that drape over your front picket fence provide a colorful welcome.
6. Charming Chair. Set a rosebush planted in a colorful pot on the seat of a pretty wrought iron chair in your front yard for unique curb appeal.
7. Window Wonder. Window boxes brimming with roses and ivy will add unbeatable cottage charm to the front of your home.
If you look around your front yard, you’ll now be able to come up with other ideas to create your very own rosy cottage curb appeal!
C2006 Kathryn Bechen. All rights reserved worldwide.
Visit http://www.kathrynbechendesigns.com for more free ideas and tips for decorating your cottage style home on a dollarwise budget and to sign up for Kathryn's free e-newsletter of decorating tips and resources. Kathryn is an interior decorating consultant and author who specializes in Cottage Style, Non-Toxic, and Dollarwise decorating.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathryn_Bechen
Bedroom Redo's on a Budget
10 Dollar Saving Bedroom Ideas
Romantic Bedroom on a Budget
Click here for a printer friendly version of this page.
Click here to subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Recommend this article to a friend!
Search our article archives.
FamilyStickers.com offers one of the largest selections of family stickers, family car decals, and stick family stickers. These easy to apply vinyl window family car stickers are available in several themes and sizes or customized to your request.